Purpose of the Alumni Association
The Saint Mary’s College High Alumni Association’s purpose is multi-faceted. The Association is called to strengthen and create friendships and connections between the many years of alumni while promoting and supporting the school’s Mission. Members of the Association actively support their events, programs, and initiatives established by the Alumni Board.
The Association’s events and projects are overseen by an Alumni Board. The Board creates opportunities for Alumni to return to campus to appreciate and share their role in the Saint Mary’s tradition and heritage. The Board will also create opportunities for Alumni to assist in the work of the school and its Mission by providing tangible benefits that will endear the school to them.
Purpose of the Alumni Board
The Alumni Board’s purpose is to support the Mission of the school, its students, and the alumni of Saint Mary’s College High School. The Board will provide opportunities for alumni to re-connect and re-commit to the school and its Mission. The Board is also responsible for nurturing the Lasallian Charism and the tradition and heritage of Saint Mary’s College High School and the Brothers of the Christian Schools.
1. To assist Saint Mary’s in communicating with its alumni and in maintaining a dialogue which interprets the goals and objectives of Saint Mary’s to the alumni.
2. To support the mission and goals of Saint Mary’s College High School.
3. To strengthen alumni activities and programs.
4. To serve Saint Mary’s by other ways and means to be mutually determined by the alumni and the School’s President, Alumni Director, and Advancement Director.
5. To actively record and communicate the Saint Mary’s history, traditions, and heritage.
1. Establish working committees to assist the Advancement and Alumni Offices.
2. Create opportunities for alumni to be active in the school.
3. Manage ways to preserve and strengthen Alumni friendships.
4. Establish fundraising activities that will provide financial support for Saint Mary’s Students.
5. Provide alumni to support school programs such as Career Day, Lasallian Days, Enrichment Week, etc.