What We Teach
- Saint Mary’s academic program operates in a trimester system, comprised of three twelve-week terms.
- 300 credits are required for graduation; students carry five five-credit courses per term, totaling 75 credits per year.
- Each ten-credit course (equal to a full-year course in a semester system) is completed in two trimesters.
- Students may place in second- or third-year courses in math, foreign language, & visual/performing arts classes in ninth grade.
- Balancing academic rigor & emotional health, Saint Mary’s limits most students to a maximum of three AP/Honors classes in one year while encouraging students to challenge themselves by taking AP/Honors courses for which they have a passion.
- In May 2022, 219 sophomores, juniors, and seniors sat for 372 examinations in 13 subjects taught at Saint Mary’s. 77% of the exam scores were 3 or higher. The average score was a 3.4.
PROGRAMS INSPIRED BY MISSION
- Enrichment Week, offered in March, engages students in a week of out-of-classroom educational experiences, led by faculty, including outdoor adventures, career exploration, spiritually based Immersion trips, and overseas travel, aligned with our curriculum. Recent destinations include Egypt, Morocco, Ghana, Croatia, Poland, Hungary, Spain, Thailand, & the Philippines.
- Lasallian Days occur once per trimester. These two-day sessions extend student learning beyond the classroom and allow students to explore areas of intellectual, career, or personal interest without the immediate academic pressure of normal class days.
- Our Social Emotional Learning Program is a weekly small-group session that teaches students the competencies necessary for academic and life success such as self-management, resiliency, and responsible decision-making.
- Half of our students participate in Visual & Performing Arts, supported by a two-year VPA graduation requirement.
Graduation Requirements & Credits
History/Social Sciences 40
Religious Studies 40
Visual & Performing Arts 20
World Languages 20
Senior Project 10
TOTAL CREDITS 300
Advanced Placement Course Offerings
English Language & Comp
English Literature & Comp
Physics C: E & M
United States History
Honors Course Offerings
Algebra 1-2 Honors
Algebra 3-4/Trigonometry Honors
Introduction to Calculus
English 1-2 Honors
English 3-4 Honors
Spanish 5-6 Honors