Transfer/ International Students
We begin accepting transfer applications starting March 2023.
Students applying for admission to Saint Mary’s College High School as a transfer student in grade 10 must be in good academic and disciplinary standing at their current school pursuing a college preparatory curriculum, with no D’s or F’s (verification will be required.).
COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION
Indicate that you are a ‘transfer’ student.
FORWARD THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION TO SAINT MARY’S
Once your transfer application has been successfully submitted, please forward the following information to Saint Mary’s via fax to 510.559.6277 Attn: Cherisse Payne:
- a copy of applicant’s current unofficial high school transcript showing all courses taken and grades/credits received.
- a copy of applicant’s most recent standardized test scores.
- a parent cover letter explaining your child’s interest in Saint Mary’s.
- multiple letters of recommendation* (see attached form below)
EVALUATION BY THE DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS
Once the Director of Admissions has had an opportunity to review and evaluate the transfer application and academic information, the family will be contacted via email with an assessment. The assessment will address whether or not the applicant has completed and earned sufficient academic achievement to qualify them to fulfill our graduation requirements. No evaluation for admission will be considered unless and until both the transfer application and academic information has been received.
- If the evaluation is positive, the applicant will be asked make an appointment for a student interview, and obtain current teacher recommendations.