Transfer to Saint Mary's
The transfer application will open on April 1, 2024. Transfer student applications for the 10th and 11th grades will be considered case-by-case, depending on space availability at the grade level requested. Saint Mary’s does not accept 12th grade transfers. After completing the incoming freshman admissions process, transfers for the Fall of 2024 will be informed of their admission decision between April and May 2024.
Students applying for admission to Saint Mary’s College High School as a transfer student in grade 10 or 11 must be in good academic and disciplinary standing at their current school pursuing a college preparatory curriculum, with no D’s or F’s (verification will be required).
- SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION TO SAINT MARY’S
Once your transfer application has been successfully submitted, please submit the following information to your parent portal in the online application:
- a copy of the applicant’s current unofficial high school transcript showing all courses taken and grades/credits received.
- a copy of the applicant’s most recent standardized test scores.
- a parent cover letter explaining your child’s interest in Saint Mary’s.
- multiple letters of recommendation* (see attached form below)
- EVALUATION BY THE DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS
Once the Director of Admissions has had an opportunity to review and evaluate the transfer documentation and academic information, the family will be contacted via email with an assessment. The assessment will address whether or not the applicant has completed and earned sufficient academic achievement to qualify them to fulfill our graduation requirements. No evaluation for admission will be considered unless and until both the transfer application and academic information have been received.
- If the evaluation is positive, the applicant will be asked to make an appointment for a student interview and obtain current teacher recommendations
- COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION Indicate that you are a ‘transfer’ student.
PLEASE NOTE: All transfer acceptances are conditional and not finalized until final official transcripts are received. Course placement will occur once final transcripts are reviewed.