Parent Association Philosophy and Organization
The Parent Association of Saint Mary’s College High School is committed to work toward the Saint Mary’s Mission and Lasallian Core Values, in conjunction with the school’s administration.
- We assist in creating a Lasallian community in which students:
- Are cared for and learn to care for themselves and others;
- Are challenged to engage in meaningful experiences which break down barriers that divide people;
- Are provided a college preparatory academic, athletic, and fine arts program;
- Are safe and feel safe;
- Learn to become critical and independent thinkers with a lifelong love of learning;
- Are provided opportunities for developing leadership skills and fostering a sense of community service;
- Learn to discern right from wrong;
- Learn to love one another as Christ loves us .
All parents at Saint Mary’s are a part of the Parents’ Association. We invite you to get involved!
The Purpose of the Parent Association
Saint Mary’s values participation and support from the parent community . Without the help of willing and dedicated parents, various socials, fundraisers, and programs at Saint Mary’s would not exist. The purpose of the Parent Association is to:
To establish communication and involvement with and between parents, guardians, teachers, school administration, students & alumni, and act as a forum for active exchange of ideas and suggestions.
To sponsor activities and programs to:
- Ensure that the Lasallian Mission is lived at Saint Mary’s
- Enhance the quality of life for the school community
- Foster pride in being associated with Saint Mary’s
- Build community and camaraderie across all parents / guardians
- Demonstrate support of our teachers, students, and one another
- Assist and sponsor fundraising activities that support academic growth, co-curricular needs, and the school’s mission initiatives.
- To support and work with the President on the short and long term financial and program goals to further the school’s Lasallian Mission.
- Join the administration, faculty, and staff in building and promoting programs for parents & guardians, family members, and all of our children that emphasize and infuse the following values: Patience, Joy, Integrity, Self-Worth, Compassion, Empathy, Understanding, Inclusivity, Justice, Forgiveness, and Peace.
In addition to sponsoring social activities (i.e. the Family Dance, faculty luncheons), and fundraising events (i.e. the Crab Feed, Silent Auction), the Parent Association donates money to other programs and well-deserving needs of the school such as the Tuition Assistance program, capital projects (i.e . kitchen remodel), and the purchase of resources for the Student Life Center.